Introduction to Geoff

Aloha everyone! Thanks for reading my blog. Here is just some background for me. I am a freshman at BYU Hawaii and work for concessions over at the Polynesian Cultural Center. I am majoring in aerospace engineering and would love to work for someone like NASA and Boeing later on in life. My ultimate goal is to travel in space...so we will see how that goes. I have three siblings and two awesome parents. I love to play football and lacrosse and am always up to try a new game. I love to go outdoors; so if you are every going camping or hiking, be sure to hit me up. I have some good classes this year and can't wait to see what life has for me.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Everything Tastes Better in Hawaii...Well Almost Everything

I have found a great discovery here in Hawaii since I have first arrived. Everything tastes better in Hawaii! Especially chocolate. Back home on the mainland, yes there are very, extremely delicious. But having come to a place where chocolate must be eaten immediately and ice cream lasts about 5 minutes before it melts, ya it tastes better. It is almost like it is a delicacy. Ok, so Hawaii is one up on chocolate and ice cream...however, the mainland has some stuff I miss too. Burgers and fries here just aren't the same. The burgers are just missing the mainland grease I love and the fries just don't taste like french fries. And the ultimate thing I miss though is steak. I didn't get it much back home but here I never get it. So the mainland is up by one at this point.

So besides the normal American fattening food tasting great, most of the Hawaiian stuff I have found here is beyond delicious. Pineapple at every meal makes for a great compliment to anything. Another thing that they serve with every meal is rice. I have grown to love rice so much. I sometimes only eat that for meals. Another popular item here is chicken. They have so many varieties of chicken products it is insane. Teriyaki and barbecue are the favorites though. The best things though are found only at work though. So I work at a luau right? Well any luau has kailua pork and at ours we have taro rolls. The best combination in the world. Actually, I have found that anything with taro in it is amazing. Now if you like coconut, I have something for you. Chocolate Haupia pie. Now, haupia is just a coconut pudding. So the pie is a chocolate pudding pie, but on top it has coconut pudding and coconut shreds. So good!

So if any of you decide to travel to Hawaii, be sure to hit up these things for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment