Introduction to Geoff

Aloha everyone! Thanks for reading my blog. Here is just some background for me. I am a freshman at BYU Hawaii and work for concessions over at the Polynesian Cultural Center. I am majoring in aerospace engineering and would love to work for someone like NASA and Boeing later on in life. My ultimate goal is to travel in space...so we will see how that goes. I have three siblings and two awesome parents. I love to play football and lacrosse and am always up to try a new game. I love to go outdoors; so if you are every going camping or hiking, be sure to hit me up. I have some good classes this year and can't wait to see what life has for me.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Power of Inspiration

I have always been told to trust my gut feeling. Lots of people don't know why the should follow it or what good will come out of following it. Well my gut feeling is the reason I am out here in Hawaii. Back in February, I got accepted to a few different schools and had to decide which one to follow. I mean all the schools were awesome schools. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, BYU Hawaii, and BYU Idaho. I got the gut feeling to come here to BYU Hawaii. I mean I love it here. It is one of my most beautiful places in the entire world here. The school is amazing. The people are amazing. The environment is amazing. The church is amazing. Well this past week I have gotten another gut feeling. Now I no gut feelings more as an inspiration from Heavenly Father. He brought me out here for a reason and he must have had me accomplish my assignment or I will complete my assignment because I have a feeling that he wants me back in Idaho. Now I don't know why he wants me back or why he brought me out here in the first place but it must be right.

Well today I decided to make sure it was true. I fasted and I went to the temple and it is definitely true. I guess I need to work on getting back to Idaho. I have contacted many different people to see what all needs to get done to transfer. You know throughout this whole thing i can only think of one scripture that fits this perfectly. 1 Nephi 3:7 talks about obedience. And you know Nephi didn't really know why he was called to do certain things and especially to be sent somewhere only to come back. Yet he still did everything he could to accomplish it because of faith. Along with many other things I have picked up, I think this all is a test of my faith and the faith of my family. Well I guess since we haven't let him down so far, might as well keep going. It will be worth it and there are blessings that await just following in faith.

2 comments: