Introduction to Geoff

Aloha everyone! Thanks for reading my blog. Here is just some background for me. I am a freshman at BYU Hawaii and work for concessions over at the Polynesian Cultural Center. I am majoring in aerospace engineering and would love to work for someone like NASA and Boeing later on in life. My ultimate goal is to travel in space...so we will see how that goes. I have three siblings and two awesome parents. I love to play football and lacrosse and am always up to try a new game. I love to go outdoors; so if you are every going camping or hiking, be sure to hit me up. I have some good classes this year and can't wait to see what life has for me.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What Astounds Me About the Male Gender

I honestly don't know what it is but it seems like I do not get along well with the male gender. Everything that they do almost astounds me...some of the things I do even astound me. Most of the time it is just their complete lack of thinking that annoys me and the fact that they ignore everything that is happening around them. Ok, so yesterday I was working at our haunted lagoon at the PCC and so I was going along selling candy and musubi and what not. So the line for the ride moves up and right in front of me is this couple that are probably in their late teens, maybe early twenties. Ok so the guy leans over to kiss girlfriend and gives her a kiss and I was like oh that's nice. I look away and look back and he has her shirt pulled up to expose her stomach and is feeling it all up and he is, at the same time, guiding her hands all over his butt. Like seriously dude! I'm looking right at you as you are doing this! Wait till you are at least somewhere where people can't be forced to see you or don't do it at all. Ok, another example. Back home I at least am told that I am the good kid and whatnot; never does anything wrong (or so they thought). But a majority of my friends are girls because it is easier to get along with them, and almost simultaneously, they all get boyfriends. So I was cool with this at first. I mean it meant less hanging out but at least I could still see them yes. Ok, well all of a sudden I can't hang out with anyone. All their boyfriends place me as a threat to their girlfriends. It's like, "Are you serious right now man! This is me you are talking about. I have a hard enough time getting a single girl to like me." Well everything eventually worked out with them and I thought the most of that was over. I come here and all of a sudden it is happening again. I can't hang out with my friend because her boyfriend, who is also one of my good friends here, has some thoughts that I'm trying to steal her away. He knows that I have someone else way better back home I am biding my time for and yet I'm accused of being a threat. Example number three and four packed into one theory. Does the term taken have any sway with boys whatsoever?...especially to a player. Ok, so the first example involves my sister. Dude, she is one of the nicest girls you are ever going to meet and is completely innocent. So we go on a church trip and she comes back completely infatuated with a boy and one day he decides to ask her out. At first he was an awesome guy. I mean he brought me chocolate and Oreos and fireworks. This guy got me good. ok so i come over here to Hawaii for school and I found out he has been asking her if it is alright if he goes on dates with other girls, or holds other girls hands, or dance with other girls. What sorta a jerk asks his girlfriend that! Like he has to be mentally retarded and not know that if he is taken, don't do that. Ok so example four involves my girlfriend back home. Ok, she is the coolest and most beautiful girlfriend you are ever going to meet. She just is awesome in every way. Ok well another player asks her out on a date while she is down there. I mean I didn't mind a whole bunch since I was 3,000 miles away...but what annoys me the most is that he completely avoided reality. Ok so he asks her to go out on this date at a dance and then adds her on Facebook that same night. Do the words "in a relationship" mean anything to you. Ok well he already asked her so it is all good to still go on it; but he goes and not only does he not count the date as a date but keeps playing her because nothing was "the date" when in fact everything was! But he goes on leading her on and then she doesn't find out from him that he doesn't actually like her and has been leading her on. No, she finds out from her roommate that was told that by him. Ok, if you are going to lead my girlfriend on, at least tell it to her face that you don't like her and don't crush her heart by telling her roommate. But while all this is happening he is also completely avoiding me. It is like he knew that he was doing something wrong but was going to pretend that nothing was wrong with the matter. Are you serious! I am right here watching you as you are playing her. At least have the decency to accept the fact that I am here. No the newest one is this group of boys. Ok they haven't done anything to me personally yet, but i don't want it to happen. Like I'm honestly waiting to see what they do next to me. So tonight they invite my girlfriend out to dinner and then over for some movies at their place. You know cool stuff, have fun, and all that junk. But what gets me is that like I can read their intentions. I can tell when there are boys that are looking to hang out and boys that are looking for more. I mean I can pick them out anywhere. Before Kelsi left for college, her friend invites her over to look at puppies. What teenage boy is going to invite a hot girl over to look at puppies and then do nothing about it? Only an idiot would. Ok so his story turns out to be that once she shows up to look at puppies, his friend and his friend's girlfriend show up. You know ya maybe just a coincidence. But then coincidence changes into plan when he takes her out to a movie on what was pretty much a double date. Dude, I called that from a state away. Like make it at least obvious to her what your intentions are before you invite her over. Like going around my back is what annoys me the most. Like if they were to tie me in a little bit I would be less annoyed but the fact they do everything they do and not expect me to find out. I can find out anything I want about you, so don't even try. I don't know what it is but boys annoy me. Like I would be so much happier if guy drama could calm down a little bit. It feels like I'm living in Days of Our Lives or something. I'm cool with not chillin in there though. Well lets hope I don't run into anymore annoying boys. I have a lacrosse stick if they keep it up?

3 comments:

  1. Ahh Geoff, you crack me up. Guys Shmys

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya i dont know what it is about them. it is a good thing that you are a girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have one question about one of the situations described. and im sure you have a perfectly logical answer haha but i didnt see it in the blog so im just wondering haha. if your girlfriend knew this guy liked her, why didnt she just tell him herself that she was taken and that she couldnt have a relationship with him? instead of going along with his leading her on and not saying anything about it and then getting mad at him for leading her on? or did she not realize that he was making moves on her? or did she not think he liked her?

    P.S. i wish i was in hawaii:(


    Dan Roach

    ReplyDelete