Introduction to Geoff

Aloha everyone! Thanks for reading my blog. Here is just some background for me. I am a freshman at BYU Hawaii and work for concessions over at the Polynesian Cultural Center. I am majoring in aerospace engineering and would love to work for someone like NASA and Boeing later on in life. My ultimate goal is to travel in space...so we will see how that goes. I have three siblings and two awesome parents. I love to play football and lacrosse and am always up to try a new game. I love to go outdoors; so if you are every going camping or hiking, be sure to hit me up. I have some good classes this year and can't wait to see what life has for me.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Love My Adopted Moms!

So we all have those people in our lives that aren't really family, yet somewhere inside you feel like they are practically family. I love all those sorts of people for sure. The favorite ones I have those are all those women out there that are my "moms." Now I do have quite a few of them and they all have certain things about them that makes them unique and awesome. They all have one thing in common though and that is that they all care about me.

Calie Tomblin from Coeur d'Alene is a great example of an adopted mom. Calie is a great friend of everyone in the family. She loves to come over to the house and play card games. She claims that she is the best card player around. She is pretty good but whenever I come to the table she just doesn't quite step up to the plate like she does when she is playing without me. She is so funny too. Oh man there is never a dull moment when she is around. One of the greatest things Calie has introduced me to is her bean dip. Can you say PHENOMENAL. Man my life has been drastically altered because of that bean dip, not going to lie. Like I still have cravings of it. The greatest thing about Calie though is that she treats me like one of her own kids. She is there and loves to talk to me, gets excited to see me when she sees me around town, and she is willing to do anything for me. I trust her so much and know that I can rely on her for anything. I love you Calie!

Connie Nemeck also hails from Coeur d'Alene and she is so funny. She likes to play card games to. Same game that Calie loves to play (Hand and Foot). Connie is so funny too. Whenever we are playing games with each other she causes an uproar in laughter easily. What is even better is to have both Calie and Connie together. There is like non-stop comedy everywhere. Connie likes the same things that my family likes too, especially me. She is so entertained with football and lacrosse it is awesome. It would be better if she would realize the amazingness of Boise State football but I will cut her some slack. Connie has done so much for me and I appreciate it all very much. I love you Connie!

Ma (Natalie) Robison hails from a city close to Coeur d'Alene. She is from Post Falls but is still awesome. She was my Ma for our church's pioneer trek we had this past June and has always been there for me since. On my last Trek I went on, my Ma was good and all but once Trek was over that was kinda the end of it all. Ma Robison has been there and cares the same for all of her kids from Trek. Immediately following Trek she held a big family reunion and we had such a great time there at her place. Before I left for Hawaii she actually drove over to my house to drop off a gift for me. She is the best ma that anyone could ask for and I know that she is willing and wanting to do anything to help me out. She made Trek such a great experience and she is awesome. I love you Ma Robison!

The newest addition to my adopted moms is Karen McCabe. Karen is from Riverton and has technically only met me once, but she is still a mom to me. She has always been the one to check up on me when I go through rough patches since I have been here in Hawaii. She is there to always offer me support and someone to talk to. Recently I have gone through an extra rocky patch and she was so sweet today. So I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today and was not really wanting to talk to a whole lot of people. Well, I am sitting at my computer just about ready to break down and I get a text message. I really am not excited to see who it is from. Well when I looked and saw it was Karen, I wasn't to bummed to read it. Well I open it up and she sent me a text to see that I was doing ok in this rough time. Do you know how big of a smile I got on my face just because she was checking to see that I was doing ok. Well we get talking and she is just willing to give me advice and support on everything I tell her. She even offered solutions to help me feel better. Karen made my day a whole lot better in just one quick text message. I have not felt like someone cared as much as she does. I appreciate her so much. Thanks for everything you have done for me Karen, especially today. I love you Karen!

Now having all these adopted moms doesn't take away from how awesome my Mom is. My Mom is the best in the entire world. Oh man she has given me so much that I don't even know where to start from to start showing her appreciation. She is always wanting to do everything to help me out and sacrifices everything she has in order to make life easier and better for me. She has put up with me for over 18 years now and I am glad to have someone like her in my life. I could not have asked for a better mom. She is involved in my life and interests so much is is great. She may like to try to be a little too involved, but she does it because she loves me so much. I wish I could have the opportunity for her to know how much I love her. I trust her with my life and know she is there for me. I love you Mom!

I just want to once again say thank you to all my moms, adopted or not. I appreciate everything you do for me and hope the best for all of them. I know I can personally trust each one of them and wish that they realize how awesome they are. I love all you guys so much!

2 comments:

  1. Geoff! I love you too! Thanks for the kudos. You are an amazing young man and don't ever let anyone tell you differently. Your my favorite Geoff in the whole world! Have a great day and soak up some rays for me.

    Ps. I let you win all those card games!!! hahaha

    Pss. If I could send you some bean dip without it going bad...I would!

    Psss. I have a blog too. check it out...it's calie-findingarthema@blogspot.com

    Love and miss you son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goeff how are you this fine day? I gave you the wrong address to my blog its calie-findingarthema.blogspot.com
    Have a fabulous day and wahoo grammy and poppy will be there soon....so exciting!

    ReplyDelete