Introduction to Geoff

Aloha everyone! Thanks for reading my blog. Here is just some background for me. I am a freshman at BYU Hawaii and work for concessions over at the Polynesian Cultural Center. I am majoring in aerospace engineering and would love to work for someone like NASA and Boeing later on in life. My ultimate goal is to travel in space...so we will see how that goes. I have three siblings and two awesome parents. I love to play football and lacrosse and am always up to try a new game. I love to go outdoors; so if you are every going camping or hiking, be sure to hit me up. I have some good classes this year and can't wait to see what life has for me.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Why Does my Body Hate Me?

Well last night I had one of the greatest things happen to me. I actually got about nine hours of sleep! I know it is great. It is the first great sleep I have gotten in a while. Now I don't want to jinx it but I'm hoping my insomnia is starting to back off a little bit. I honestly hope it is because I am just to tired for it to go on. My body has not allowed me to just fall asleep like everyone else. I always feel like I have no energy; yet at the same time I feel wide awake and capable of anything. My body is just bipolar I swear.

Now not only does my body hate sleep, but I swear it doesn't allow itself to recover either. So last week was a rough week and many things happened. Many of the things that happened led to me getting not only emotionally hurt, but physically hurt to. I was stupid and would allow myself to literally tear itself apart for hours a day. Now I know me being in pain is my fault. No duh. But, it has never taken this long for a recovery either. Like a few pulled muscles should have gotten to be a little better by now one would think. Ya but not only is my body throwing a fit about not recovering from these past injuries, no but it keeps hurting itself. These new one I swear I have had nothing to do with. But like the past couple days my wrist is acting up again like it used to, my hip is going all whack, and my back has gone from being fine to once again cramping up.

Can't I just like send it a memo saying:

Hello body,
You do realize that  I actually do have to do stuff during life. If you wouldn't mind cooperating with the rest of me and helping me out by stop hurting yourself and recover already it would be a great help. Maybe I might be in a better mood if you did this for me. Thanks!

Your friend,
Geoff

If he could cooperate with me life wouldn't be to bad. Like, at all bad. Ok maybe a little bad but I can't blame that on my body. Well I have been trying something new the past couple days and it seems to help with my sleep. Lets see if it can help with the rest of the healing process.

3 comments:

  1. :( my knee hurts. Maybe i caught whatever you have

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha probably. knee pain must be contagious

    ReplyDelete
  3. um geoff, i'm pretty sure your insomnia is contagious as well, cause I now have it....

    ReplyDelete