Introduction to Geoff

Aloha everyone! Thanks for reading my blog. Here is just some background for me. I am a freshman at BYU Hawaii and work for concessions over at the Polynesian Cultural Center. I am majoring in aerospace engineering and would love to work for someone like NASA and Boeing later on in life. My ultimate goal is to travel in space...so we will see how that goes. I have three siblings and two awesome parents. I love to play football and lacrosse and am always up to try a new game. I love to go outdoors; so if you are every going camping or hiking, be sure to hit me up. I have some good classes this year and can't wait to see what life has for me.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sleep

Well for all those aware of it and all those who will now be informed of it, my insomnia is attacking worse than ever right now. Ok, its not to bad because I can still go throughout a day just fine with only a few hours of sleep. But what got me at least last night was that when i finally did go to bed there was a power surge. Ya power surge + needing your alarm clock to wake up for church = church - Geoff.

So last night I couldn't get to bed and actually ended up talking to one of my friends till 3:00 AM. I mean even when we ended the conversation I still wasn't even close to being tired; but you have the whole voice in the back of your head saying, "You are going to have to get up in five hours for church." Ya well needless to say set my alarm, crawled into bed, and actually got to bed fairly quickly. That right there is a miracle by itself actually.

I don't know what it is but apparently if I am just in a good mood when I crawl into bed I can get to bed fairly quickly after getting in there. So anyways, ya I was in a good mood going into bed and I crashed hardcore. Well like I said before, after I fall asleep we get hit with a power surge. Suck! Ya so I get like my 5 or so hours of sleep and I wake up and I am thinking, "Man my alarm hasn't gone off. Is it seriously before 8:00?" Ya I take a look at my alarm clock and it starts flashing like it does when it first gets plugged in. At that moment I'm pretty sure all that was going through my head was, "Dang it! I honestly can't miss church today." So i hastily pull myself out of bed and over to the desk. Flip open the phone and find out the church has already started and was already a good ways into the meetings. Well I drag myself out and over to the location of where the meeting was supposed to be. . .no one is there. I go over to another meeting place. . .no one is there. Then it dawns on me, today is ward conference and it is already over. Ya, not cool guys.

So overall me staying up late talking to my friend was a plus, me getting to bed quickly was a plus, me not getting more than 6 hours of sleep is a minus but also a normal, me getting scared when my alarm clock got reset is a minus, finding out I freaked out and got dressed super quickly is both a minus yet a plus. So if you add all of these elements together, I would like to claim that last night and this morning were positive experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment